Saturday, December 20, 2008

GalaxyArmyNavy poor internet vendors



This is the kind of online vendor I try to stay away from. I placed an order and paid for it and that was the last I ever heard from them other than a confirmation of the order .. no tracking number, no order status, no replies to EMails, no communication at all. When I telephoned them, the phone rang five minutes before it picked up, the assistant was typical New York brusque and he told me he needed to call the factory to get a status. Huh? Presumably, they have no modern inventory network in place .. and after being placed on blank hold about ten minutes, I hung up and called him again. The assistant's response, incredibly, was "I think it's been shipped". Clearly, he just wanted to get rid of me or the factory didn't know what they're doing either. After a full week, I still had no order status update on the website's joke-of-a-status-page other than 'processing' and really no idea if I'd ever get my product.

Finally got through on the phone again on the eighth day and the assistant Stanley confirmed that they don't have the item in stock and it's back-ordered. Although I have provided ample contact information to them, GalaxyArmyNavy never telephoned or EMailed to advise me of this difficulty. I then demanded a refund and the assistant agreed and sent an EMail to that effect. That was my first ever message from GalaxyArmyNavy on this issue.

Had I not intervened, I might still be waiting to receive my product.

As I have no faith in these people, I have opened a Paypal dispute issue, just to document it all and ensure it gets resolved through Paypal. If I have no reply by the end of the week, it escalates to a Paypal claim.

GalaxyArmyNavy online vendor has banker's hours .. typical 8 hour days Mon-Thu, a half day on Fri, and the weekend off; that usually indicates a poor work ethic right there. Once they have your payment, they just don't want to have anything to do with you from then on. They are a bloated, high-volume, big-time vendor that's overgrown its service department and probably couldn't care less as long as the money's rolling in.

I've posted this account just in case anyone is considering doing business with this vendor and is smart enough to do a search on 'em first .. my recommendation is find another vendor who'll treat you better.